Font Decisions

While editing on the plane I've come to the realization that I didn't even consider one of the first things that the audience sees, the credits.  I knew that I wanted to have the credits appear as the scene progressed but I never even thought about the font. My first thought was do I want it to be something simple and clean, or something that stands out and is different from the norm. From these two options I thought on the fonts Playfair Display or Helvetica for the more plain and traditional option. I've also looked at something like Syncopate for a less traditional look. For now i'm just going to skip over that in order to focus on finishing up the rest of the clip. I will make sure to update once I make a decision.

The blog Film Shortage made an interesting post that made me consider the importance of the font in the first place. It describes how making the first impression is crucial when it comes to having an audience enjoy a movie and the title itself is the way to make that impression. After reading this article I am considering putting the title card towards the beginning of the clip rather than the end of it. This allows for me to keep the viewers attention throughout the rest of the opening. The post makes a lot of other interesting points on the importance of title cards and typography that I would definitely recommend alongside this site www.artofthetitle.com/ solely dedicated to titles.








“Typography And Titles in Film.” Film Shortage, 15 Apr. 2014, filmshortage.com/typography-and-titles-in-film/.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feedback Session

Sound the Alarm